The Trust is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and donations to it are tax-deductible. We seek your support in pursuing our goal to establish a dedicated tourist railroad based on the Colebrookdale Railroad. Among the Trust's short- and long-term objectives toward that goal:
- Completion of an implementation plan
- Acquisition and restoration of historic passenger equipment of the 1900-1916 era
- Construction of passenger facilities in Boyertown and Pottstown
- Integration of passenger service with local events and attractions
- Provision of dining and lounge, and open car service on Colebrookdale trains
- Operation of a steam locomotive
- Assist the County of Berks and the designated freight operator in raising funds to maintain and preserve the line
Additionally, the Trust may assist in the operation of a number of trial-run excursions along the line in concert with the designated operator, the Eastern Berks Gateway Railroad.
The Trust is seeking volunteers to assist in fundraising and planning. If you would like to join the effort, contact us.
Board of Directors
Robert A. Wade, Esq., President, Secretary
Nathaniel C. Guest, Esq., Vice President
Matthew Hillman, Treasurer
James W. (Jim) Lilly
John W. Lea